Slovakia's Best Engraved Stamps

While doing a little research on Martin Cinovsky, I bumped into this annual award given by Slovakia's Ministery of Transport, Communications and Public Works for the Best Engraved Stamp of the Year. So I'm trying to get all of Cinovsky's work which has been recognised as such by the Ministry.


The most recent one, as far as I know, is the 2012 Tatra Park miniature sheet, which indeed is quite a beauty. It is Cinovsky's sixth issue that has been awarded. His first one was in 1995, when his engraving of the Ludovit Stur miniature sheet won the award.


I think, though, that my favourite would have to be the 2010 Zilina Synod miniature sheet, which has won many more awards throughout Europe.


I like its subject matter and colour scheme. Although, having said that, the Tatra sheet is in my eyes more prove that the colour combination of yellow and orange works wonders, and results in a very warm and summery feel. Check out the right hand stamp and the label next to it!

The only set missing from Cinovsky's winning work is the 1997 Ochtina Caves set, which I'm hoping to have soon. I may show it here or else it'll be uploaded to the award page.

Now all I need to do is find out which other stamps have been awarded through the years. I've just emailed the ministry so I hope I will hear from them. But if any of you out there know, then please get in touch!

:-)
Adrian