The Mysterious Camors

I had so much hoped to be able to find out everything about the French engraver P. Camors, so I could share it with you, but after a week of fruitless efforts I'm afraid I'll have to give up. Some (all?) of his work is mentioned in the SG catalogues, so at least he features in the database, but it would have been nice to have been able to add some info to the list.


However, all I've learned this week is that is first name is Pierre, but googling on 'Pierre Camors' does not yield anything. Not even with 'graveur' added to the search terms.


The only other thing I've found out is that he got a certificate at the 'Atelier J-Luc Stalins', but that name does not yield anything either when entered into search engines.


So I'm at a loss and can only hope that one of you, my dear readers, will know more about this engraver and let me know.


In the meantime, I can show you the engraving he made for a 1941 non-postal souvenir sheet issued for the Paris philatelic exhibition of that year.

Hoping for better and more fruitful weeks in the year ahead!

:-)
Adrian